Commercial Energy Efficiency Program (Market Transformation Program)
The Retro-Commissioning (RCx) Program offered by CenterPoint Energy Houston Electric promotes the tune-up of major energy-consuming systems in existing commercial buildings, including manufacturing facilities, hospitals, educational campuses, retail stores etc. Typical RCx measures include HVAC Temperature Reset; Outside Air Reduction; Optimize HVAC Start-Up; Lighting (de-lamping, day-lighting, etc.); Add VFD’s; etc.
Now accepting applications for new projects and new RCx agents.
For more information, please email CenterPointEnergyRCx@nexant.com
RCx Program Basics
- A technical energy analysis (comparable to an ASHRAE Level 2 audit) is performed on your facility at NO cost to Owner, by a qualified RCx agent (engineering consulting firm specializing in your market segment).
- Customer must install, at their own cost, specified low cost / no cost measures identified in the analysis which reduces operating and energy costs sufficiently to be a cost-effective project and resulting in a simple payback < 3 years.
- Projects must be completed by approved project deadlines.
- Successful RCx projects may benefit from optimized system performance and improved indoor environmental quality resulting in fewer comfort and maintenance issues.
- Facilities should have a higher than average energy consumption.
- Customers are eligible to earn cash incentives based on the implementation of the measures identified in the analysis. The energy savings and the time it takes to implement the measures are factored in the calculation of the customer incentive
- A new component for 2021, the optional Monitoring Based Commissioning (MBCx) track involves the use of hardware and software to commission buildings on a more frequent basis. MBCx includes the use of trending data to identify new energy savings opportunities and to investigate underperforming measures to improve persistence of savings.
Calvin Burnham, PE, CEM, CDSM, CIT